OMS Montessori (OMS) has been providing an authentic Montessori education in our nation’s capital for over 50 years. A non-profit organization with a staff of over 50 passionate Montessori educators and administrators. The passion and commitment of our team of educators is truly exceptional, with many members having dedicated decades to our organization and our organization’s mission.
With almost 300 engaged young people at our school, we provide a Montessori education from 18 months of age through 18 years in both official languages. OMS is unique in the Ottawa area in providing a high school program based on Montessori principles. The Element High School, a part of OMS, has been in operation since 2003 with Junior High students (grades 7/8), and since 2015 with the High School (grades 9-12).
We are looking for a Head of Schools who shares our vision for an authentic Montessori learning environment and has the talent and perseverance to lead the comprehensive educational offering we provide to the community. Reporting to the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the operations of the schools across both campuses. This includes growing enrollment, attracting and retaining great staff, sustaining a strong parent community, and ensuring an exceptional educational experience for each child.
The ideal candidate will be available to start after the close of the 2018/2019 school year or earlier.
include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage the pre-school, elementary and high school programs.
- Ensure the school maintains a high-quality authentic Montessori learning experience for each enrolled student.
- Create and foster a positive, constructive and engaging work environment for all staff.
- Deliver educational programs in both official languages (French and English).
- Build a strong group of engaged volunteers from the parent community.
- Manage the relationship with the educational regulatory bodies in Ontario and ensure Ontario educational requirements and regulations are met.
- Manage an operating budget in excess of $4 million and ensure that OMS remains financially strong.
- Be an ambassador for OMS within the community and ensure that the annual enrolment targets are met.
- Work with the volunteer Board of Directors to implement the strategic plan.
- Maintain a strong administrative team and faculty through effective recruiting, development and performance management of the employees of the school.
- Problem-solve student, parent, and staff issues collaboratively.
- Create and implement a marketing strategy that builds awareness and grows the school’s profile within the community.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a school administrator, pre-school director, school director, principal, or vice principal with an additional minimum of 5 years classroom experience.
- Experience in leading and evolving a high performing organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience leading large scale organizational change and strategic initiatives.
- Experience managing the relationship with a government educational regulatory body.
- AMI diploma or equivalent.
- Must be currently eligible to work in Canada.
- Experience teaching in an AMI Montessori classroom.
- Familiarity with Ontario elementary and high school curriculum as well as Ontario Ministry of Education requirements and regulations.
- Fluent in French.
- Graduate Degree.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Capital city amenities, affordable and diverse community, surrounded by green belt and 300KM + of walking/biking paths.
- Tuition discount for dependents attending OMS and The Element.
Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest summarizing leadership vision, experience in education and familiarity with Montessori pedagogy, along with résumé to email address email@example.com
. Please ensure to address how each of the essential and preferred qualifications are met. You may also request a more detailed job description.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on OMS, visit the website - www.omsmontessori.com/en/
and our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ottawa%20montessori%20school